First Responders Dispatched To Possible Overdose
First Responders were dispatched to an address on Mineral Street late Tuesday night for a possible overdose. 33 year old Daniel Messer was found on the floor of the living room unresponsive. Police administered one nasal dosage of Narcan and applied sternum rubs to Messer’s chest, but he was still unresponsive. After a second dose of Narcan and more sternum rubs, Messer regained consciousness but continued to fall back unconscious. Paramedics arrived and transported Messer to the Newport Medical Center for treatment. A witness on scene told officers that Messer has been known to use heroin.