Man Electrocuted Near WSCC In Tazewell
A scary situation near the Walters State campus in Claiborne County Thursday. A man was electrocuted behind the school’s campus in Tazewell. The police department in Tazewell says that the 23-year-old male victim, was working for Logan Communications as part of a crew pulling fiber optic cabling when he apparently came into contact with a high voltage line on the power pole. He was found still attached to the pole hanging upside down. The other crew member working with him, ran for help while a citizen called 911. Crews arrived quickly and Powell Valley Electric disconnected service from the line so the man could be rescued. Crews successfully got the man down off the pole and he was still alive. He was transported transported to an area hospital, then later transferred by Lifestar to Knoxville for further treatment. His condition is not known.