Cocke County Woman Rushed To Hospital Believed To Have Overdosed
A Cocke County woman was rushed to Morristown Hamblen hospital over the weekend after she overdosed. 82 year old Bill Atkins of Morristown told police he and 41 year old Teresa Shelton of Cosby had just returned to his residence after getting a bite to eat. Atkins stated he went downstairs to wash some clothes and when he returned upstairs he found Shelton in the kitchen holding a needle in a boiling pot with a pair of scissors. He told her she needed to stay away from that and just go watch television. Later, Atkins says he heard a thud in the bathroom, walked in and found Shelton lying on the floor. Shelton was rushed to the hospital believed to have overdosed. Her condition is not known at this time.