Firefighters Respond To House Fire Sunday
Firefighters with the Cocke County fire Department responded to a house fire Sunday morning on Camellia Road in the Bridgeport area. James Messer told Cocke County deputies that he got out of bed Sunday morning and when he returned to the bedroom, the kerosene heater he was using for heat had caught the bed on fire. The fire quickly spread throughout the home. Messer stated he ran out of the house to a camper on the property that his mother and her boyfriend live in to alert them to the situation. Firefighters say the home was completely destroyed and the camper was damaged by heat from the flames. The property’s owner could not give an estimate of the monetary damages to the property at that time.