Man Blows Up Toilet In Motel Room
A man accidentally blew up a toilet in a local motel room Monday morning. Police were called to the Family Inn on Cosby Hwy shortly after 1am Monday after a structure fire was reported in room 219. Police spoke with 22 year old Anthony Ball who stated he was cleaning some automotive type plugs and flushed one that contained gasoline into the toilet. Ball stated he then lit a match in the toilet and the toilet ignited. The room was still billowing with smoke when police arrived and observe that the toilet had exploded and was damaged beyond repair. The Newport Fire Department was able to ventilate the room…damage to the blown up toilet estimated to be around $200.